Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

More new parts: Shokpost service kit + springs / Hope seatpost clamp / Avid Brake Noodles

More parts again today:
  • Hope Seat post clamp (£13.89 from Ebay (Wooly Hat Shop))
  • Avid V-Brake Noodle and Overcoat (135 degree / Front) (£3.51 from Wiggle)
  • Avid V-Brake Noodle and Overcoat (90 degree / Rear) (£3.49 from CRC)
  • USE Combo Spring Kit (medium) (£13.19 from Wiggle)
  • USE Shokpost Seat Post Service Kit (£8.36 from Wiggle)

Not too much to say about most of these bits really.  The service kit for the Shokpost is a bit pricey really for what it is but I suppose that's how they make their money and they do last a good 2-3yrs, same with the springs.

The Avid noodles... again not much to say really, except that I'd been using two 90° 'noodles' on my old Marin for years not realizing they weren't quite 'right' - the front noodle needs to be a 'tighter' 135° angle to be properly fitting with the cable run for the front brakes, but hell I didn't notice for years or was aware of it but knew it didn't matter too much.  Anyway, it was time to get new ones anyway so I got one 90° and one 135°.

Hope Seatpost Clamp

I went for this because I'd recently purchased the same item in a different colour for my XC bike and had been impressed at the quality of it.  Then again, well it's a clamp, there's not a lot to it really!  Does look nice in anodized red though. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment