Pages

Friday 25 October 2013

Surly Long Haul Trucker frameset purchased

After quite a bit of umming and ahhing I finally settled on the Surly Long Haul Trucker frameset:


There aren't that many places that sell them in the usual mainstream places in the UK (although HAH they are abundant compared to stockists for Middleburn cranks!!!), but thankfully Wiggle do sell them at a decent price (link to the bike at the time of writing is here) so I stumped up the cash and went for it.

I opted for the 54cm 26" black version of the frameset, so for my height / 'standover' leg length I think that should be about right, maybe a touch on the small side (my last bike was a 56cm 700c steed and that's just about right), but I thought a slightly smaller frame might make for easier riding than being stretched out and I can always up the saddle / handlebar height slightly - I'm not going to be going for speed with this bike so aerodynamics isn't an issue!

So, yes, bought the frame today!  £318 was the price for the frame + forks.  Delivery says 4-6 days but I'm in no mad rush...

No comments:

Post a Comment